www.yahoomail.com is a web-based email service offered by the American company Yahoo. this mail service is absolutely free for personal use, but paid-for business email plans are available. Yahoo Mail was launched in 1997, and, according to comScore, was the third-largest web-based email service with 281 million users as of December 2011
With a Yahoomail account, you can do the following,
Yahoo messenger: Yahoo Messenger is provided free of charge and can be downloaded and used with a generic “Yahoo ID” which also allows access to other Yahoo services, such as Yahoo Mail, where users can be automatically notified when they receive new email.
Registering for any social network: you can easily use your yahoomail account to register for Facebook , Twitter, MySpace or even subscribe to our feed.
Sending and Receiving emails: there are several services offered by yahoo, but the e-mail service is probably the most useful feature, with this user can send emails to other users both on the yahoomail.com platform or other email providers , these are but a few cool stuff you can access with your yahoomail.com account email service after your yahoo registration.
Yahoo Mail has some amazing features that makes it outstanding, some of these great features are;
- 1 TB Email storage capacity
- Email attachment limit: 25 MB (up to 100 MB via the built-in ‘Attach Large Files’ app
- Account expiry on inactivity: 6 months plus 2 months for each year the account held active.
- The account can be retrieved but all stored data, such as emails, are lost.)
- 100 filters to automatically sort incoming messages
- Spam and virus protection
There is a paid service offered by www.yahoomail.com, it is known as Yahoo Mail Plus. Some of the services available to users of Yahoo Mail Plus include:
- Email Storage up to 25 MB
- Up to 10 attachments per email
- POP access and forwarding
- Email archiving for offline access
- Send email messages from www.yahoomail.com using other domains
- 50 filters to help screen unsolicited emails
- 200 blocked addresses
- No promotional tags in messages
- Infinite account – no expiration
I know most people who will read this will need the free Yahoo mail service and not the Business mail. Register for a free Yahoo Mail service, follow the procedure below.
- From your browser, visit the official www.yahoomail.com website
- click ‘Sign Up for a New Account’
- You’ll be redirected to a page that contains a sign-up form.
- You will be required to enter your ‘First Name’ and then ‘Last name’
- Select a preferred username (If you get a ‘That username is not available’ response, you will need to change the username because someone else has already taken that username.)
- In the Password box, you’ll be required to enter a password of your choice. (It is advisable to use a strong password)
- You are also required to input your mobile phone number as it can be used to restore your password when lost.
- Once you have successfully completed all the required fields as mentioned above, hit the ‘Create Account’ button.
- If you get the process right you’ll be a welcomed officially to Yahoo with two emails showing you the way round.
How to Keep your Email Address Safe – Simple Yahoo Account Safeguarding
– Log into your mailbox from a secured computer
– Never disclose your password to unknown persons
– Yahoo will never ask you for your email address and password
– Discard Spam messages notifying you
– CHANGE your yahoomail password periodically (I change mine every 3months)
– Change your password if you notice any unauthorized activities on your email address.
– Read carefully Third Party apps you engage your email address.
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR LOST YAHOOMAIL ADDRESS OR PASSWORD USING A MOBILE DEVICE
Go to the Password Helper.
Enter your email address or click I don’t know my Yahoo email address.
If you can receive text messages to the number listed, click Yes, text me.
– Yahoo will send a verification code to your phone.
Enter the verification code Yahoo sent to your phone in the field provided.
Important: If you close the “Code sent to my mobile phone” page, you can continue where you left off.
Click Continue or you can click Create new password and update it on the spot.
It is important to note that after you reset your password, you’ll need to update your sign-in information on your mobile apps since they won’t automatically update
HOW TO DELETE YAHOOMAIL ACCOUNT WWW.YAHOOMAIL.COM
Are there any reasons why you will wish to delete your account? follow the steps below
Log on to this link Logon to www.https://edit.yahoomail.com/config, delete_user. The put in your password and then click on delete.
Note that this take a period of 90 days and which is three months and after that your email account has gone forever but within the period of 90 days you can still transfer any file or document that you want to transfer.
I hope this article was helpful? do you have anything to add or a question to ask? Let it be known to us through a comment in the box below.