NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE RECRUITMENT 2016
The Nigeria Immigration Service on Monday mentioned it had complete plans to re-screen the 2000 recruits that were fired following their “irregular” letters of appointment in February 2015.
The Comptroller-General of the Service, Muhammad Babandede, aforementioned this during a statement signed by Ekpedeme King, the NIS advocate.
Babandede made it known that the federal government had approved the review of the lingering case and also the re-screening of the workers affected.
He also said that the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) had in August. 11 approved some pointers for the screening of the candidates.
“The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) desires to tell the 2000 candidates for employment into the Service who were on an irregular basis issued letters of employment in February 2015 that the Federal government of Nigeria has approved the review of the case.
“Following an emergency meeting of the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) on August.11, 2016, pointers were issued for the screening of the candidates,’’ he said.
READ THIS: Nigerian Police Recruitment Aptitude test and physical screening date
The Immigration advocate mentioned that a part of the rules were security clearance, drug test, certificate verification and Implementation of CDFIPB policy on “Age on Rank,” he said.
The NIS boss also said that applicants whose names were listed on the NIS website (www.immigration.gov.ng) ought to report back to the NIS Headquarters, Abuja, with their credentials and 2 passport images.
He mentioned the screening would be conducted in batches based on rank and state of origin from August. 29 to Sept. 4 in Abuja.
He, however, stressed that the exercise wasn’t a demand recent recruitment and, therefore, urged the overall public not to forward any application for recruitment into the NIS.
2000 fired recruits had been protesting at the National Assembly and also the Ministry of Interior since 2015 for their reinstatement.
They were used by a Presidential Committee established by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 following the tragedy that marred the March 2014 recruitment exercise where several candidates died and some others sustained injuries. (NAN)
For more information, visit www.immigration.gov.ng/