Are you a secondary school student, or do you know somebody who will be sitting for the 2018 WASSCE, WEST AFRICA SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION, then this post is for you. it is well known that the WASSCE is a compulsory examination for students who will be applying for University admissions in Nigeria and even anywhere around the world.
The West African Examinations Council popularly known as WAEC are the ones Incharge of conducting West African Senior School Certificate Examination, for University and Jamb entry examination in West African countries, and they have the vision to be a world-class examining body, adding value to the educational goals of its stakeholders. WAEC has been known to be Africa’s foremost examining body, providing qualitative and reliable educational assessment, encouraging academic and moral excellence and promoting sustainable human resource development and international cooperation.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates in May/June and private candidates in November/December.
How to register for the 2018 WASSCE.
The 2018 WASSCE can be registered through the internet or in a secondary school(which is quite easier) but I will clearly state in this post how to register the 2018 WASSCE on the internet. It has been confirmed that the WAEC e-Registration service makes registration easier for the schools.
- Sign up/Login to the E-Registration Website
- Click “Register” on the cascade menu
- The Center Number, the School Name, and the number of entries remaining for the school with the Registration Form will be displayed
- Each Candidate’s personal details such as Surname, First Name, Date of Birth, Sex and subjects must be entered. The candidate’s passport photograph and signature must also be captured.
- Select the subject in the Available Subject “List Box”
Note: that a candidate is expected to register for at least 8 subjects.
- The next step is to upload Candidate’s Passport Photograph
To attach a candidate’s passport photograph do the following:
Scan the actual passport photograph of the candidate using a scanner or Take a passport photograph of the candidate with a digital camera
Note that the passport photo should be black and white, 35mm x 40mm in size with contrasting background, the passport photograph must be clear and the candidate’s face must NOT be obstructed in any way by items like glasses, sun glasses, head gear, etc
- Click the Browse Button by the “passport photo box” to locate the candidate’s passport photo and then Upload
Notes: Once the candidate’s passport photograph is attached to the registration information, it CANNOT be changed. The scanned passport photograph will be on your certificate and all other documents in WAEC.
- It is compulsory that you enter the Continuous Assessment Scores (CAS) for SSS I and II along with your entry. The SSS III CAS should be added as soon as it is available before the examinations begin.
- Be sure that the all registration information for the candidates are correct
Click the Submit Button to register the candidate and save candidate’s registration information.
- Note: If the registration process is successful, the “Form Number” is displayed in the Submitted Page.
We Hope that this informative post was helpful and we ask that you LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for more updates. If you have any questions let it be known to us in the comment box below.